1. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Entries are accepted in by the following means:
Mail: Participants may mail a photo with the phrase ““Ugly Door Contest”” to Dan's Garage Door Service, 1411 Troy Rd, Edwardsville IL 62025. All photos must be to us by April 14th and must accompany the required Entry Form. The Entry Form can be viewed and downloaded at www.uglydoorcontest.com/2018/entryform.pdf.
In person: Participants may personally drop by one photo per household at either Dan's Garage Door Service location between 8:00AM and 5:00PM, Monday through Friday, and between 9:00AM and 1:00PM Saturday. All photos must be to us by April 14th and must accompany the required Entry Form. The Entry Form can be viewed and downloaded at www.uglydoorcontest.com/2018/entryform.pdf.
Email: Participants may email us a photo with "Ugly Door Contest" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. All photos must be to us by April 14th and must accompany the required Entry Form. The Entry Form can be viewed and downloaded at www.uglydoorcontest.com/2018/entryform.pdf.
2. How To Win: Contest begins Sunday, April 1, 2018. All qualified individuals with photos of the front of their garage door will be allowed to participate. Participants must reside within our regular service area to qualify. If in doubt, please call us to verify your location is within our service area prior to entry. The staff at Dan's Garage Door Service will upload each photo on their Facebook page on April 15th. Voting starts once the Album is published and will continue until April 30th. The top 3 photos with the most votes will be put into the final voting round. The final voting round will be for one day only, May 1st. Winner will be announced at noon on May 4th for the grand prize as noted below. Dan's Garage Door Service has the right to choose an alternative winner based on eligibility requirements outlined below.
Each entry will be assigned a number. Participants of the contest, and those who vote (like) on the ugly door photos must "like" Dan's Garage Door Service Facebook page for votes to count. Participants are encouraged to tell their friends and family, and everyone they know (or don't know) to have them "like" the Dan's Garage Door Service Facebook page and "like" their ugly door photo.
Only one participant per household will be allowed to participate in this contest. This includes both related and non-related individuals residing at the same address. No substitutes will be allowed for under aged or contestants deemed invalid through other means. Prize may only be installed with the express written consent of the homeowner. Delivery and installation only applies to residents within our regular service area in Illinois. Must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible for prize.
3. ENTRY Prize: All qualified participants will receive a gift card valued at $25 off any service or purchase. No change will be given as cash. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Prize can be used in conjunction with any other current promotion. Gift card must be presented to Dan's Garage Door Service at time of purchase to be awarded.
4. Grand Prize: A $700 credit at Dan's Garage Door Service typically represents a Clopay Value Plus Model T52S Insulated Single Car Garage Door with standard installation with extension springs, and includes disposal of the replaced garage door. In some atypical situations additional hardware or labor may be required and there could be nominal out-of-pocket expenses. The certificate may also be used toward a double door. In this instance, there would be an out-of-pocket expense for the remaining balance of the garage door. Any additional taxes, fees and surcharges are not included. Grand Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or promotion. Only one promotion per customer per household.
5. ELIGIBILITY AND LIMITATIONS: Participants must reside within 25 miles of either Dan's Garage Door Service location (62035, 62025). Valid contest entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Void where prohibited. Prize is not redeemable for cash and not exchangeable for any other prize. Winner is responsible for signing releases and pertinent tax forms when required. If a winner is disqualified, Dan's Garage Door Service reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Employees of Dan's Garage Door Service or members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
6. DELIVERY DISCLAIMER: Dan's Garage Door Service disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue an entry due to equipment malfunction, acts beyond Dan's Garage Door Service’s control, or otherwise. Dan's Garage Door Service disclaims any liability for received entries due to technical difficulties or transmission errors. Dan's Garage Door Service disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Dan's Garage Door Service is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
7. Publicity: By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant Dan's Garage Door Service exclusive permission to use their names and photographs in connection with promotion of this and any other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. Dan's Garage Door Service will never sell personal information to any third party. By participating, participants agree that Dan's Garage Door Service may use photos and personal information, such as first name and first initial of last name, as well as city, for marketing and other purposes. Dan's Garage Door Service may advertise Contest online, social media, newspaper, radio and other printed materials.
8 Release: By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against Dan's Garage Door Service, its employees and agents, of any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by Dan's Garage Door Service.
9. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to Dan's Garage Door Service, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide Dan's Garage Door Service with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from Dan's Garage Door Service will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions: By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Dan's Garage Door Service personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. Dan's Garage Door Service will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Dan's Garage Door Service‘s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of Dan's Garage Door Service, Dan's Garage Door Service reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Dan's Garage Door Service and are final. Dan's Garage Door Service may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPATE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Miscellaneous: No purchase necessary to participate or win. Purchase does not increase chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Dan's Garage Door Service may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as posted on the website. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, please send your request within 30 days of the end of the giveaway by mail with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope with contest name and addressed to: Dan's Garage Door Service, 1411 Troy Rd, Edwardsville IL 62025. All entries become the property of Dan's Garage Door Service and will not be returned.
View and Print ENTRY FORM
View and Print OFFICIAL RULES
The Ugly Door Contest is sponsored by Dan's Garage Door Service.
UglyDoorContest.com is owned and operated by © Dan's Garage Door Service. All Rights Reserved. www.dansgaragedoorservice.com
No part of this website can be copied or redistributed without expressed written consent. Photos are property of Dan's Garage Door Service.
THE DOOR KEEPER - CANARD SYSTEMS, LLC Copyright © 2018